The Invitation to Tender was released in October 2010.
It invited publishers to submit pairs of matched titles for inclusion in the pilot. The criteria against which the pairs were evaluated included:
- Criterion 1: Print sales in relation to publication date
- Criterion 2: Match of ‘Paired titles’ e.g. publication date, subject area and age to print sales ratio, price and format history
- Criterion 3: Title is available in e-book device friendly formats
- Criterion 4: Overall compliance with other requirements including MARC records, discoverability and data
- Criterion 5: Value for Money
Publishers were asked to submit the pairs using a template spreadsheet to ensure consistent information was provided for each title. View the submission spreadsheet