The initial focus groups are designed to identify the most significant issues and concerns about OA monograph publishing for each group of stakeholders. The focus groups include between 8 – 12 participants who work in groups to discuss and identify the barriers and opportunities and key questions that arise in a move to an open access model. They categorise these into 4 fields – technical, attitudinal, financial and administrative. Participants then agree the top priority issues and discuss these together.
You can read the findings from each of the focus groups below:
- institutional representatives (including librarians, repository managers and research and enterprise staff)
- publishers (those participating in the project and others)
- authors/ readers (academics)
- HSS funders (those participating in the project and others)
- learned societies
- ebook aggregators
- research managers and administrators
In addition, a summary of the focus group findings is available.
The findings will be used to help identify key areas for discussion in the interviews and surveys that will take place as part of a following work package.